Sunday, January 20, 2008

Knitting again

The last couple of weeks there hasn't been much knitting going on here. There was an intense knitting period just before the solstice, then it slumbered down to a couple of pocket slippers. A really cool thing, but to be honest, a bit of a bore to knit.
One of the best gifts I opened in the evening of dec 24th (that's when we open gifts in our country - a long standing heathen tradition of starting a celebration the evening before the 'real' date) was some plant dyed wool yarn from my friend Mona in Denmark (probably dyed in this session). So I've started knitting a Nøstebarn sweater for my girl. There's just one thing. The sweater looks more and more like my mother's sofa from 1974...

I don't feel like I'm doing this lovely yarn any justice. Stripes might just not be the thing here. I'll give it another 10 cm, and then see.

My daughter likes it, though, and loves helping out winding the yarn. How lucky am I? :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin