Friday, March 19, 2010

sub stillness





I feel very ambivalent towards big cities. There are lots of reasons for that, and one of them are that I'm very sensitive to audible and visual stimuli. I get overload, it feels like explotions inside my head.
But one thing I do like:
The subway.
The smell of it.
The stillness you can find within the busy-ness of people coming and going, trains moving and stopping.
I liked the subway in New York, too.

***

I thought I would take more pictures, blog more, but at the end of the day, I'm completely knackered. My head is dizzy with new information, my body craving exercise to compensate for the mental (over) activity. I'm spending most of my days and afternoons at school, evenings at the gym, not really getting to walk the streets. A shame really, think of all the beauty out there that I'm missing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin