Wednesday, June 22, 2011

corner view: positive thought for bad moments


This is it. A blank page in a notebook. Because I have no positive thoughts for bad moments. I simply sink into the swamps of negativity. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to reading everybody else's cv's today - go ahead - encourage me. I'll be sitting here, notebook in lap, ready to take notes!

(P.S. See that little piece of yarn on the floor? It's attached to a ball of yarn, which is attached to a sweater I'm knitting for myself. Well, there's a positive thought. Being creative, in some way. And oh, there's so many ways :) )

10 comments:

Joyce said...

I think, being creative allows one to express positive joy. Don't you? Love your post my friend. xo

Kimberlee Cowles Dyer said...

I find taking a walk down the country road I live helps to shifts my thoughts by being aware of things of joy to me in nature.. the rays of the sun.. wooded areas.. the sound of birds signing.. wild flowers ..admiring neighbors gardens.. despite all my troubles these things are still there ...doesn't make my troubles go away but helps make them a bit easier to bear.. plus I find it helps clear my mind ..

Don said...

We all start with a blank page... but it is limitless.

Kristin said...

I think negative thoughts are often positive, if you write them down.

Francesca said...

gardening, knitting, making, being creative ... I think it all calms us down enough to try and get a different perspective.

Theresa said...

The art therapist in me likes your "afterthought!"

here is a ps to mine:
Tell myself, this is just an emotion. I am not my emotions. Then I try to think of something I appreciate, distract myself with amusement (ie: watch comedy on YouTube) think of a happy memory, or list the reasons why I love a dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! Sending you positive energies to help you shift perspective today.

Unknown said...

:) a string of yarn is a string of hope :)

nadine paduart said...

it's the balnk pages that lead to mastery... cherish, cherish!
n♥

flowtops said...

A blank page is a good a start as any (better yet, a blank page is better than a black page!)

Also, creativity is a life saver, I give you that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin