Tuesday, May 19, 2009

corner view bergen, norway: coffee...?

i don't drink coffee. i don't think it's good for the body, but that's not why; i just don't like it. i've tried all the varieties, because i realize how great it must be to drink yourself awake (!), but no. and until my husband went to china some years ago and came back with 2 kilos of green tea with jasmin flowers, i didn't drink tea either. he talked me into trying it for a period. as a result, my chronic sinus infection that came every winter, disappered. now i drink green tea every day throughout the cold season, and every time i feel the slightest hint of a cold approaching. it's kept me well for 3 years.

***
EDITED TO ADD:
no, i'm not a dunker and i don't take sugar or anything else with my tea :)
for other corner views around the world:
jane, ladybug-zen, ian, bonnie, esti, sophie, cele, modsquad,caitlin, joyce, ani, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t.,jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, dongdong, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemia girl, dianna, isabelle, amber, a girl in the yellow shoes, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, jenna, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la lune dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa, britta, virgina, april, rebecca, b, sunnymama, kyndale, samantha, karen, kristina, angelina, dorit, goldensunfamily, sophie, janet, nicki, ruth, mcgillicutty

23 comments:

Jeannette said...

Love jasmin tea too. I first drank it on the Maldives where they served it before dinner. Thanks for reminding me....
Have a great day, Jeannette

Tan Family said...

Amazing how well it's worked for you! I'm sure that the quality of it makes a difference. I agree about coffee...there's just something about it that's not right with the body. I'm off to drink some tea now...

Palmer and Co said...

Oh, your kidding! I'm totally addicted to sinus spray... they will not stay open. Too much info, I know. I will totally try this!! Do you have to use the flowers too or would simply green tea work? Thanks for this great info!

Happy Day!

...Lisa

Francesca said...

I love it too, in fact I even make my own by mixing dry jasmine blossoms with store bought green tea. The only problem: I like it only with a TON of WHITE sugar.

jane said...

great images- i must drink liters of green tea a day. this is good to know. have a great day! besos-jane but do you dunk?...:)

et lille oejeblik - a little moment said...

beautiful photos! i always have sinus infections around the change of season. the change is pretty drastic here in the middle east. maybe i should consider changing one or two of my daily cups of coffee with green tea :)

Ritva said...

green tea, "my middle name"!

Melissa said...

Just found you and I'm feeling all connected cos I have been to your gorgeous part of the world and fell in love with it. I was just today thinking about the train ride I took out to Bergen all those years ago and the first time I saw real snow! I am in awe of all your crafty work. Lots of good feelings coming your way from down under! Oh and I love jasmine tea too!! xx Melissa

kristina - no penny for them said...

these pictures are lovely and jasmine tea is delicious! i also love herbal teas a lot - like fresh mint or verveine or green rooibos with lemon and ginger...

have a beautiful day!

Ian said...

Superb photos. Did you know that coffee flowers smell like jasmine?

Anonymous said...

i don't drink coffee either. and green tea is my drink of choice as well. i never catch colds druing winter, but hayfever during spring gets me every time.

;) said...

That's an idea !!! and pretty pictures !

Kasia said...

I also like jasmin green tea; great photos, especially thelast one.
Thank you for sharing,
Kasia

Anonymous said...

It remind me our travel with my husband into China... we were young and drinking jasmin tea all the time ! Thanks.

Joyce said...

I do love a cup of tea at times. Thanks and enjoy. xoxo

caitlin said...

Hmm, interesting. Next time I feel a cold coming on, maybe I will try this. I'm not a coffee drinker either. Thanks for a great corner.

Victoria said...

I love green tea also. My mother in law is from china and she brings tons of it back but without the jasmine flowers.

Elizabeth said...

gorgeous photos, especially the second one.

I wish that I drank more tea -- your post has inspired me to begin...

A Captured Reflection said...

I remember visiting a friend of mine in Norway (near to Oslo), we would drink very dark coffee (I was being polite as I don't drink coffee) and eat dark cheese (I loved that!) and meats for breakfast. I remember driving up through snowy mountain passes and having to jump out to be ill, traces of coffee and dark cheese.

Was a good time really though :-)

kimberlee said...

i just started liking green tea When we were in Japan, the hostel we stayed in had water coolers on each floor, but instead of water, hot green tea at your disposal. we would have some every night!

epe said...

looks delicious! :)

Kari said...

I've heard that Green tea is so good for you. I love a good cup of green tea. After so much coffee in my body- green tea is a good break.

kyndale said...

I love tea too. That is so interesting about your sinus infection going away after drinking the green tea. I totally believe it. Beautiful photos!

Smiles,
Kyndale

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin